Volker Stevin Canada and its subsidiaries across Western Canada are dedicated to providing the highest level of quality services in the areas of: construction, project management, highway maintenance, civil works and bridge construction, maintenance and rehabilitation expertise, and asphalt/aggregate plants and pits.
A Heavy-Duty Journeyman Technician diagnoses, maintains, and repairs mechanical and electrical issues on many roads’ construction equipment and light fleet trucks. Additionally, reducing equipment down time and minimizing repair costs on all equipment to ensure they continue to run safely at optimum efficiency.
- Perform maintenance and repair activities on various pieces of heavy equipment, including but not limited to pavers, loaders, skid steers, graders, excavators, dozers, backhoes, and trucks.
- Inspect, repair, and adjust gasoline and diesel-powered units.
- Diagnose, service and repair various systems found on pieces of heavy equipment, such as mechanical and computer electronic controls, air brake systems, transmissions, high voltage generators, propane powered equipment and pneumatic systems.
- Perform routine maintenance checks and adjustments to fluid levels, hoses, belts, brakes, tires, and clutches.
- Diagnose problems, disassemble units, repair, or replace parts and re assemble units.
- Maintain service logs and records of maintenance on vehicles and motorized equipment.
- Keep tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized and in good working condition.
- Other mechanic and shop duties may arise.
- Long hours and continuous days of service.
- Overtime as required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Must be physically able to lift 40 lbs. repetitively on a regular basis.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Accredited Heavy-Duty Technician.
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Off-Road experience is an asset.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Must comply with Drug and Alcohol testing requirements.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
About Volker Stevin ContractingSince 1978 Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. has been one of the premier civil contractors in the Calgary region. We are a well-established, and highly respected general contractor with a wealth of experience, and expertise in projects ranging from $10,000 to $150,000,000. We take great pride in delivering top quality projects on time, and on budget. As one of the larger local contractors, we have the personnel, resources, and equipment to ensure timely delivery of the projects to which we commit. Our resource pool offers us approximately 800 employees, from general laborers to the most highly skilled equipment operators, foremen, superintendents, and project managers, all within the City of Calgary and area.
Apply now for Heavy Duty Journeyman Technician
"*" indicates required fields