Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full-time hourly position available located in Calgary, Alberta
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking an experienced Asphalt Rakerman to work within the Calgary area. Reporting to a Foreman, an Asphalt Rakerman redistributes asphalt mix correctly as it leaves the screed and prepares it for rolling. As a member of the paving crew, an Asphalt Rakerman is responsible for raking asphalt, shoveling excess asphalt, sweeping up debris and a variety of labor related duties.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Class 5 Drivers License; a clean Driver’s Abstract.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on a paving crew.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in asphalt raking on a paving crew.
- Demonstrate a proficient understanding of asphalt and raking techniques.
- Knowledge of paving construction methods, asphalt and road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Willingness to work out of town and in remote locations, as required.
- Willingness to work overtime, as required.
- Willingness to work overtime as required