McNally Contractors (2011) Ltd. is seeking an experienced full time Class 1 Truck Driver based out of Lethbridge, AB.
What you will be doing: Reporting to the Trucking Supervisor the Truck Driver will be responsible for moving equipment and materials in a safe and efficient manner.
- Loads, transports and unloads equipment and materials according to known transportation best practices and as per legislative guidelines.
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, water, and other fluids and perform pre- and post-trip inspections.
- Be responsible for condition of the vehicle including inspecting truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, water, and other fluids and perform pre- and post-trip inspections.
- Inspect the material to ensure it has been loaded correctly and is secure.
- Review loading and delivery documents to verify information accuracy.
- Communicate daily trucking requirements and job orders with a supervisor.
- Coordinate questions, problems, or requests for service or equipment with customers or supervising personnel.
- Contact weekly truck greasing.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the trucking industry is preferred.
- Class 1A Driver’s License and clean Commercial Driver’s Abstract.
- Strong knowledge of TDG regulations, HOS, weights and dimensions, permitting, load securement and OH&S standards.
- Valid WHMIS, H2S Alive, TDG, eGSO (electronic General Safety Orientation) and Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) or Petroleum Safety Training (PST).
- Experience hauling heavy equipment and gravel hauling preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.