Volker Stevin Canada and its subsidiaries across Western Canada are dedicated to providing the highest level of quality services in the areas of: construction, project management, highway maintenance, civil works and bridge construction, maintenance and rehabilitation expertise, and asphalt/aggregate plants and pits.
Reporting to a Foreman a Rock Truck Driver is to move material in a safe and efficient manner taking into consideration the conditions on site.
- Operate a Rock Truck and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner and maintaining proper awareness of ones’ surroundings while operating the truck on public roadways.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment.
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment.
- Have truck loaded, check for oversized material, and bring to the proper stockpile.
- Understand ground disturbance challenges while operating the truck.
- Attend daily FLHA (Field Level Hazard Assessments).
- Actively participate in worksite inspections as delegated.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred.
- Possess 1 + years of experience.
- Class 5 driver’s license, clean abstract.
- Follow directions from Foreman/Supervisor.
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Carry out minor maintenance and inspection of equipment and reporting any deficiencies.
- Ability to work as a team and take direction.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
About Mainline ConstructionOur story began in 1992, when Harvey Bennett opened a deep utility construction business serving the local residential markets of Grande Prairie, Alberta. Over the years, he grew the company to service other industries, and expanded to include earthworks, oilfield construction, gravel supply, and trucking. As Harvey maintained the growth of the business, his primary focus and priority was always his staff, clients and the community. The family atmosphere at Mainline Construction and its supporting community was a natural fit when Volker Stevin Canada purchased the company in 2014.
Apply now for Rock Truck Driver
"*" indicates required fields