Volker Stevin Canada and its subsidiaries across Western Canada are dedicated to providing the highest level of quality services in the areas of: construction, project management, highway maintenance, civil works and bridge construction, maintenance and rehabilitation expertise, and asphalt/aggregate plants and pits.
Reporting to a Foreman an Excavator Operator is responsible for safe and efficient operation of an excavator. An Excavation Operator will perform duties as assigned to ensure that completed work is delivered according to Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd.’s company policies and procedures, Alberta Occupational Health and Safety, and contract specifications.
- Operate an excavator and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of an excavator.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refuel equipment as necessary.
- Ensure trench is excavated to the proper depth/grade, and at minimum meets with OH&S requirements.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust.
- Must be physically able to lift and carry at least 20 LBS on an occasional basis.
- Valid Class 5 Operators License; Clean Drivers Abstract.
- Possible out of town and weekend work as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D is preferred; with experience in related construction activities.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience within the underground utility construction industry.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience operating an excavator is required.
- Valid Class 5 Operator’s License; clean Driver Abstract.
- Knowledge of underground utility installation, process, materials, industry standards, and OH&S requirements.
- Valid Ground Disturbance certificate.
Note: We promote a safe work environment with a drug and alcohol substance testing program.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
About Volker Stevin ContractingSince 1978 Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. has been one of the premier civil contractors in the Calgary region. We are a well-established, and highly respected general contractor with a wealth of experience, and expertise in projects ranging from $10,000 to $150,000,000. We take great pride in delivering top quality projects on time, and on budget. As one of the larger local contractors, we have the personnel, resources, and equipment to ensure timely delivery of the projects to which we commit. Our resource pool offers us approximately 800 employees, from general laborers to the most highly skilled equipment operators, foremen, superintendents, and project managers, all within the City of Calgary and area.
Apply now for Excavator Operator
"*" indicates required fields