Volker Stevin Canada and its subsidiaries across Western Canada are dedicated to providing the highest level of quality services in the areas of: construction, project management, highway maintenance, civil works and bridge construction, maintenance and rehabilitation expertise, and asphalt/aggregate plants and pits.
Reporting to a Foreman, a Plant Loader Operator is responsible for safe and efficient operation of a wheeled loader. Keeping the aggregates and recycle bins full, well plant is in production. Other duties include stock piling in coming materials, loading gravel trucks and plant maintenance.
- Perform daily “Startup check list”.
- Ensure incoming materials are dumped in correct piles. Then stockpile this material, keeping it neat and organized.
- Ensure pit floor and roads are kept clean and smooth.
- Daily grease, fuel and add oil if necessary to loader.
- Report any equipment problems to supervisor or service.
- Possess knowledge of wheel loader and other heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of asphalt plant operations and processes.
- Valid Ground Disturbance certificate preferred.
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
- Overtime as required.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat, and humidity.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 20LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Minimum of 2 years of loader experience.
- Physical capability to repetitively lift and carry at least 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
Note: We promote a safe work environment with a drug and alcohol substance testing program.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
About Volker Stevin ContractingSince 1978 Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. has been one of the premier civil contractors in the Calgary region. We are a well-established, and highly respected general contractor with a wealth of experience, and expertise in projects ranging from $10,000 to $150,000,000. We take great pride in delivering top quality projects on time, and on budget. As one of the larger local contractors, we have the personnel, resources, and equipment to ensure timely delivery of the projects to which we commit. Our resource pool offers us approximately 800 employees, from general laborers to the most highly skilled equipment operators, foremen, superintendents, and project managers, all within the City of Calgary and area.
Apply now for Asphalt Plant Loader Operator
"*" indicates required fields