Volker Stevin Canada and its subsidiaries across Western Canada are dedicated to providing the highest level of quality services in the areas of: construction, project management, highway maintenance, civil works and bridge construction, maintenance and rehabilitation expertise, and asphalt/aggregate plants and pits.
Under the direction of the Survey Manager, Surveyor 1 – Entry Level assumes a dual role in using survey instruments to establish grade control and quantity surveys for all projects, pits, and plants. In addition to conducting a broad range of field surveys, this individual will create various reports utilizing CAD based software.
- Establish the correct control grades for projects and perform topographical and quantity surveys as assigned by supervisor and in accordance with the contract specifications.
- Perform equipment checks and various surveys to ensure all required data is obtained and to encourage an efficient workflow.
- Coordinate site work with project personnel to avoid any disruptions thus creating an efficient workflow.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment and manipulate the approach, if necessary, to ensure employees successfully and safely perform the essential functions of the job.
- Support Project Managers to ensure all work is completed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Assist Operators in assessing the accuracy of their machine control systems.
- Provide feedback to internal teams on the business, quality, and technical aspects of the contract.
- Willing to work hours that are associated to the construction industry, including overtime and weekends when required.
- Travel to work sites as required.
- Outdoor work in various conditions, extreme cold, ensure preparedness with proper clothing & PPE.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma is required.
- Certificate or diploma in Surveying Technology or equivalent is an asset.
- Certificate or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Geomatics, or applicable work experience will be accepted.
- Prior experience with construction surveying and/or grade work is highly valued.
- Standard First Aid Certificate or other safety training is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge surrounding survey equipment operation and repair.
- Experience with CAD software is an asset.
- Previous experience with a construction management software (Viewpoint ERP) is an asset.
Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
About McNally ContractorsMcNally Contractors is a well-established, highly respected general contractor in the City of Lethbridge with a wealth of experience and expertise in projects ranging from $30,000 to $10,000,000. The Company’s in-house capabilities, and superior project management by a dedicated team of professional engineers, and project managers allows a cross-divisional, team approach to delivering quality products on time, and on budget in both the public, and private sectors. Dedication to top quality products, and services, striving for the highest standards in safety, attention to detail, and the family-oriented approach to company management are values shared by McNally Contractors executive team. Our employees enjoy an excellent working atmosphere, and the knowledge that they are valued members of a team.
Apply now for Surveyor
"*" indicates required fields