Mainline Construction (2014) Ltd. (a Volker Stevin company) is now hiring a Senior Accountant for a 1 year contact to work with our team in Grande Prairie, AB.
What you will be doing: Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant is a key support in reporting financial results and leading finance and accounting functions as well as coordinating its integration with the parent Company standard business processes and reporting.
- Provide accounting knowledge and leadership skills
- Plan , lead, and control the company’s financial affairs management to maximize return to its shareholders.
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of an ERP system (experience participating in the implementation of one is an asset).
- Achieve results through relationship building, confidence building, trustworthiness, dedication, and pragmatic approach to financial requirements.
- Maintain a high level of expertise on all aspects of the ERP and Financial systems, managing change around new processes to ensure
- they are working as planned and report/correct any deviations.
- Maintain a high level of communication with the Project Management, Operations and Accounting teams (including the Parent Company accounting team) on all relevant matters.
- Practice diplomacy, discretion, and the utmost confidentiality on all internal issues.
- Model a professional image and demeanor with internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the accounting field.
- At least a year of daily working experience in a complex ERP financial environment (Vista by Viewpoint, Microsoft D365 would be considered an asset).
- Excellence in organizational, interpersonal, relationship and communication skills.
- Experience in the heavy construction industry with a focus on project equipment and labour costing is an asset.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams).
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, and opportunities for advancement. This contract position will qualify for benefits.