Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following full time seasonal position available located in Calgary, Alberta
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking experienced Screed Operator to work within the Calgary area. Reporting to the Foreman, the Screed Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the free-floating screed, attached to the paver vehicle. The Screed Operator controls the quantity and consistency of asphalt that is deposited; estimating overall quantity for the project, as well as the quantity needed to achieve the correct grade in the finished surface.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Class 5 Drivers License; with clean Driver’s Abstract
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on a paving crew
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in asphalt raking on a paving crew
- Physically capable to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis
- Demonstrate a proficient understanding of asphalt and raking techniques
- Knowledge of paving construction methods, asphalt and road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements
- Willing to work overtime, as required
- Willing to work out of town and in remote locations, as required
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.