Reporting to the Foreman, a Screed Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the free-floating screed, attached to the paver vehicle. A Screed Operator controls the quantity and consistency of deposited asphalt; estimating overall quantity for the project, as well as the quantity needed to achieve the correct grade in the finished surface.
Work Environment Conditions:
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Overtime as required.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis
- Possible out of town work on a as required basis.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; with experience in related construction activities.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on a paving crew.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in asphalt raking on a paving crew.
- Proficient understanding of asphalt and raking techniques.
- Knowledge of paving construction methods, asphalt and road construction materials, heavy equipment operation and industry requirements.
- Valid Class 5 Operator’s License; with clean Driver Abstract.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.