Hiring for 2023 Season
Anticipated start date: Spring 2023 (Actual start date is weather-dependent)
Reporting to the Foreman the Pipelayer will be responsible for preparing and installing underground pipelines as required.
- Industrial/commercial/institutional (ICI) construction, Pipelines, Underground and tunnel work
Work Site Environment:
- Outdoors, Underground
Work conditions and physical capabilities:
- Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Overtime required, Attention to detail
- Steel-toed safety boots
Security and safety:
- Driving record check (abstract), Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
- 1 year of related experience
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Mix, pour and spread materials (ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling occurs).
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Assists other workers with general labour activities during trenching and laying of pipe.
- Work independently completing straight forward tasks as pertaining to the process of laying pipe on the line and grade.
- Ensure pipe is properly bedded in granular or native material before backfilling occurs.
- Ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
- Be aware of changes to materials and techniques. Adapt easily to those changes.
- Work with a variety of hand/ power tools used in underground utility, and a variety of new and salvage materials.
- Be aware of proper slinging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during lowering of materials into the excavation.
How to apply:
By mail: 7175 12 Street S.E., Calgary, AB, T2H 2S6
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people and Newcomers to Canada, are welcome to apply.
About Volker Stevin ContractingSince 1978 Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. has been one of the premier civil contractors in the Calgary region. We are a well-established, and highly respected general contractor with a wealth of experience, and expertise in projects ranging from $10,000 to $150,000,000. We take great pride in delivering top quality projects on time, and on budget. As one of the larger local contractors, we have the personnel, resources, and equipment to ensure timely delivery of the projects to which we commit. Our resource pool offers us approximately 800 employees, from general laborers to the most highly skilled equipment operators, foremen, superintendents, and project managers, all within the City of Calgary and area.
Apply now for Pipelayer – Construction
"*" indicates required fields