Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following hourly position available located in Spyhill / West Calgary Ring Rd., Alberta
Reporting to a Quality Control Supervisor, an Asphalt Inspector’s role entails but is not limited to the following: complete quality control of aggregates and asphalt materials for compliance; monitor crushing/washing operations for compliance with specifications; compile testing reports on an ongoing basis; assist in the mixture adjustments to ensure specification compliance and reporting non-compliant results to supervisor.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering Technologist degree.
- 5 years of hands-on training and experience with aggregates and asphalt.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several tasks at one time.
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends.
- Basic First Aid training certificate is considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Driver’s Abstract required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.