Mainline Construction Ltd. is seeking an experienced Mainline Hoe Operator for full-time, seasonal positions in Grande Prairie, AB.
What you will be doing: Reporting to the Foreman, the Mainline Hoe Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the construction hoe and to perform duties as assigned to ensuring the work completed is delivered according to contract specifications.
- Operate the hoe and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary.
- Work with ground personnel in the excavation and installation process of laying pipe online and grade.
- Ensure trench is excavated to the proper depth/grade.
- Responsible for placement of water, storm, and sanitary sewer pipe in the excavation.
- Follow directions of ground crew regarding craning, gravel placement and grading.
- Cut grade with minimal time spent on excavating to ensure production is on schedule.
- Conduct trench work, which meets OH&S requirements.
- Operate Hoe on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of one’s surroundings.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Be aware of proper rigging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during the lowering of materials into the excavation.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Excavator/Hoe.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High school or equivalent; with experience in related construction activities.
- Class 5 license; clean abstract.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience within the Construction Industry.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Hoe operator required.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Pre employment drug and alcohol testing required.
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.