Volker Stevin Canada and its subsidiaries across Western Canada are dedicated to providing the highest level of quality services in the areas of construction, project management, highway maintenance, civil works and bridge construction, maintenance and rehabilitation expertise, and asphalt/aggregate plants and pits.
Reporting to the Foreman, a Laborer is responsible for providing a physical labor support during all phases of construction and production. The Laborer provides a broad range of support in areas, such as, hand work, moving materials, clearing terrain, site preparation, shoveling and basic equipment operation.
- Load, unload and move construction materials around the worksite.
- Manually remove large rocks and debris turned up by graders and other heavy equipment, ensuring all revealed rocks and debris are clear before equipment makes further passes.
- Execute traffic control plans by placing, removing, covering, and uncovering traffic control signs, cones, barricades, and other traffic control devices. Direct traffic when necessary.
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment and movement of materials.
- Using a rake or shovel, spread gravel and other construction materials for padding or setting concrete structures.
- Out-of-town travel is required.
- Overtime as required.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Relevant Oilfield Certification /Safety tickets would be an asset.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 40 LBS on a regular basis.
Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
About Mainline ConstructionOur story began in 1992, when Harvey Bennett opened a deep utility construction business serving the local residential markets of Grande Prairie, Alberta. Over the years, he grew the company to service other industries, and expanded to include earthworks, oilfield construction, gravel supply, and trucking. As Harvey maintained the growth of the business, his primary focus and priority was always his staff, clients and the community. The family atmosphere at Mainline Construction and its supporting community was a natural fit when Volker Stevin Canada purchased the company in 2014.
Apply now for Laborer
"*" indicates required fields