This position is skilled to safely operate a variety of heavy equipment used in highway maintenance work. A Highway Maintenance Worker/Operator is responsible for highway maintenance, maintenance and operation of equipment and will perform labor intensive duties as required ensuring that the Highway Maintenance Program is delivered according to contract specifications.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Valid Class 1 (preferred) or Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement.
- Clean and valid driver’s abstract.
- Experience in snowplow operation – minimum 50 hours behind the wheel.
- Experience and aptitude for operation and minor maintenance of light, medium, and heavy equipment.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate (preferred)