Volker Stevin Canada and its subsidiaries across Western Canada are dedicated to providing the highest level of quality services in the areas of construction, project management, highway maintenance, civil works and bridge construction, maintenance and rehabilitation expertise, and asphalt/aggregate plants and pits.
In anticipation of our client’s needs, we strive to build and maintain long term relationships based on safety, quality, value, trust, and timely service. In addition to upholding professionalism, integrity, honesty, and fairness in our relationships with our clients, professional associates, subcontractors, and suppliers we ensure the longevity of the Company while sustaining growth and profitability.
Mainline Construction Ltd. is seeking a full-time experienced Class 1 Gravel Truck Driver.
Reporting to the Trucking Supervisor a Gravel Truck Driver will move gravel safely and efficiently.
- Drive trucks to and from project sites.
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil, water, and other fluids and perform pre- and post-trip inspections.
- Be responsible for condition of the vehicle, keep truck clean and in good working order.
- Inspect the material to ensure it has been loaded correctly and is secure. Review loading and delivery documents to verify information accuracy.
- Communicate on work plans with a supervisor to ensure safe and efficient movement of gravel.
- Oversee safety of other workers and report safety issues to a supervisor.
- Report any irregularities in materials being delivered or obtained.
- Attend daily FLHA (Field Level Hazard Assessments).
- Actively participate in worksite inspections as delegated.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the trucking industry is preferred.
- Class 1A Driver’s License and clean Commercial Driver’s Abstract.
- Strong knowledge of TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) regulations, HOS, weights, and dimensions, permitting, load securement and OH&S (Occupational Health and Safety) standards.
- Valid WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System), H2S Alive, TDG, eGSO (electronic General Safety Orientation) and Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) or Petroleum Safety Training (PST).
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required an asset.
Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance testing program.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
About Mainline ConstructionOur story began in 1992, when Harvey Bennett opened a deep utility construction business serving the local residential markets of Grande Prairie, Alberta. Over the years, he grew the company to service other industries, and expanded to include earthworks, oilfield construction, gravel supply, and trucking. As Harvey maintained the growth of the business, his primary focus and priority was always his staff, clients and the community. The family atmosphere at Mainline Construction and its supporting community was a natural fit when Volker Stevin Canada purchased the company in 2014.
Apply now for Gravel Truck Driver
"*" indicates required fields