Reporting to the Foreman, the Grader Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the self-propelled motor grader. Grader Operator performs either rough or fine grade finishing, precisely spreading and mixing materials to dry and prep roads, construct road surfaces, to precise grade specifications, lay cold mix and/or shave and rip out old road surfaces.
- Operate a grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner and maintain proper awareness of ones’ surroundings while operating a grader on public roadways.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of a grader.
- Operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road.
- Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of a grader blade and lower to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
- Ensure a grader is in proper gear and is not moving too fast for working conditions.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; with experience in related construction activities.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience within the road construction industry.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience operating a grader is required.
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
- Understanding of grades and interpret roadway plans and drawings.
- Knowledge of other heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
- Valid Class 5 Operator’s License; with clean Driver Abstract.
About McNally ContractorsMcNally Contractors is a well-established, highly respected general contractor in the City of Lethbridge with a wealth of experience and expertise in projects ranging from $30,000 to $10,000,000. The Company’s in-house capabilities, and superior project management by a dedicated team of professional engineers, and project managers allows a cross-divisional, team approach to delivering quality products on time, and on budget in both the public, and private sectors. Dedication to top quality products, and services, striving for the highest standards in safety, attention to detail, and the family-oriented approach to company management are values shared by McNally Contractors executive team. Our employees enjoy an excellent working atmosphere, and the knowledge that they are valued members of a team.
Apply now for Grading Operator
"*" indicates required fields