Supporting Mainline Construction Operations, a Grading Foreman is responsible for supervision of the assigned crew and equipment to complete civil or, residential, or oilfield grading projects. The Foreman is also responsible to present a professional image and attitude in all dealings with the client, the public and fellow workers and to ensure all tasks are carried out in a safe and responsible manner.
- Supervise work at the assigned jobsite, including conducting daily field safety & environmental inspections as required, and maintain records and reporting.
- Check delivery of materials to verify accuracy of bills of lading and notify supervisor of material delivery discrepancies.
- Ensure materials required are available to maintain a steady workflow on the jobsite.
- Ensure good employee relations are maintained and all training requirements are achieved.
- Ensure optimization of all resources through proper planning and co-ordination of work.
- Ensure all employees, with special emphasis on new hires, have had orientation and safety training for the tasks they are required to perform and/or equipment they are expected to operate.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 years of civil or oilfield grading experience.
- High school education or extensive experience
- Valid Class 5 AB driver’s license with a clean abstract.
- Thorough knowledge of the Workers Compensation Board (WCB) Health and Safety Regulations.