Reporting to the Foreman, the Grader Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the self-propelled motor grader. The Grader Operator performs either rough or fine grade finishing, precisely spreading and mixing materials in order to dry and prep roads, construct road surfaces, to precise grade specifications, lay cold mix and/or shave and rip out old road surfaces.
- Operate the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner and maintaining proper awareness of ones’ surroundings while operating Grader on public roadways.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader.
- Precisely operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road.
- Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade and lower to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
- Operate other heavy equipment and perform other construction related duties as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Class 5 Driver’s License; clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Minimum 3 –5 years’ experience within the road construction industry.
- Minimum 2 –3 years’ experience operating a Grader is required.
- Relevant Oilfield Certification /Safety tickets would be an asset
About Mainline ConstructionOur story began in 1992, when Harvey Bennett opened a deep utility construction business serving the local residential markets of Grande Prairie, Alberta. Over the years, he grew the company to service other industries, and expanded to include earthworks, oilfield construction, gravel supply, and trucking. As Harvey maintained the growth of the business, his primary focus and priority was always his staff, clients and the community. The family atmosphere at Mainline Construction and its supporting community was a natural fit when Volker Stevin Canada purchased the company in 2014.
Apply now for Grader Operator
"*" indicates required fields