Hiring for 2023 Season
Anticipated start date: Spring 2023 (Actual start date is weather-dependent)
Reporting to the Foreman, the Excavator Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the construction excavator/hoe to ensure the work completed is delivered according to contract specifications.
- Industrial/commercial/institutional (ICI) construction, Road construction
Area of work experience:
- Backfilling, Ditching, Excavation, Land clearing, Sub-grade excavating, Trenching
Work Site Environment:
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat, and humidity
Work conditions and physical capabilities:
- Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Overtime required, Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 20 LBS on a regular basis.
- Steel-toed safety boots
Security and safety:
- Driving record check (abstract), Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements
- 2 years of related experience
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Operate heavy equipment (excavator/hoe) in a safe and appropriate manner and maintain proper awareness of one’s surroundings while operating the excavator on public roadways.
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks.
- Operate computer-controlled equipment
- Work with ground personnel in the excavation and installation process of laying pipe online and grading.
- Ensure the trench is excavated to the proper depth/grade.
- Responsible for placement of water, storm, and sanitary sewer pipe in the excavation.
- Follow directions of the ground crew regarding craning, gravel placement, and grading.
- Cut grade with minimal time spent on excavating to ensure production is on schedule.
- Conduct trench work, which meets OH&S requirements.
- Operate Excavator on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of one’s surroundings.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Excavator/Hoe.
- Be aware of proper rigging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during the lowering of materials into the excavation.
How to apply:
By mail: 14244 102 Street, Grande Prairie, AB, T8V 7E2
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people and Newcomers to Canada, are welcome to apply.
About Mainline ConstructionOur story began in 1992, when Harvey Bennett opened a deep utility construction business serving the local residential markets of Grande Prairie, Alberta. Over the years, he grew the company to service other industries, and expanded to include earthworks, oilfield construction, gravel supply, and trucking. As Harvey maintained the growth of the business, his primary focus and priority was always his staff, clients and the community. The family atmosphere at Mainline Construction and its supporting community was a natural fit when Volker Stevin Canada purchased the company in 2014.
Apply now for Excavator Operator – Heavy Construction Equipment
"*" indicates required fields