Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. is seeking an experienced Excavator Mainline Operator. Reporting to the Foreman,the Excavator Mainline Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the construction hoe and to perform duties as assigned to ensuring the work completed is delivered according to contract specifications.
- Operate the hoe and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary.
- Work with ground personnel in the excavation and installation process of laying pipe on line and grade.
- Ensure trench is excavated to the proper depth/grade.
- Responsible for placement of water, storm ,and sanitary sewer pipe in the excavation.
- Follow directions of ground crew regarding craning, gravel placement and grading.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High school or equivalent; with experience in related construction activities
- Class 5 license; clean abstract
- Minimum 3–5years’ experience within the Construction Industry
- 2–3years’experience as a mainline excavator operator required
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing required
About Volker Stevin ContractingSince 1978 Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. has been one of the premier civil contractors in the Calgary region. We are a well-established, and highly respected general contractor with a wealth of experience, and expertise in projects ranging from $10,000 to $150,000,000. We take great pride in delivering top quality projects on time, and on budget. As one of the larger local contractors, we have the personnel, resources, and equipment to ensure timely delivery of the projects to which we commit. Our resource pool offers us approximately 800 employees, from general laborers to the most highly skilled equipment operators, foremen, superintendents, and project managers, all within the City of Calgary and area.
Apply now for Excavator Mainline Operator – UG
"*" indicates required fields