Reporting to a Foreman and an Equipment Trainer, a Dozer Operator is responsible for safe and efficient operation of a dozer. A Dozer Operator will push and level soil and control direction and angle of equipment to move rocks and debris, as instructed.
- Operate a dozer and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment; perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation.
- Understand, interpret and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area.
- Operate dozer controls to regulate height and angle of a dozer blade and lower ripper to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Class 5 Driver’s License; a clean Driver Abstract
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience within the road construction industry
- 2 – 3 years of experience operating a Dozer is required
- Knowledge of road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements
- Knowledge of a Dozer and other heavy equipment
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
About Volker Stevin ContractingSince 1978 Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. has been one of the premier civil contractors in the Calgary region. We are a well-established, and highly respected general contractor with a wealth of experience, and expertise in projects ranging from $10,000 to $150,000,000. We take great pride in delivering top quality projects on time, and on budget. As one of the larger local contractors, we have the personnel, resources, and equipment to ensure timely delivery of the projects to which we commit. Our resource pool offers us approximately 800 employees, from general laborers to the most highly skilled equipment operators, foremen, superintendents, and project managers, all within the City of Calgary and area.
Apply now for Dozer Operator – UG
"*" indicates required fields