Mainline Construction (a Volker Stevin Canada company) is looking for a Dozer Operator with GPS experience for seasonal, hourly positions Grande Prairie, Alberta. This position has potential to be year-round dependent on weather conditions.
What you will be doing: Reporting to the Forman, the job of the Dozer Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Dozer. The Dozer Operator levels and scoops soil and controls the direction and angle of the equipment to move rocks and debris.
- Operate the Dozer and other heavy equipment heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Understand, interpret and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area
- Operate Dozer controls to regulate height and angle of the dozer blade and lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading
- Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine depth of the cut
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D preferred
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience within the Oilfield construction industry
- 2 – 3 years’ experience operating a Dozer is required
- Relevant Oilfield Certification /Safety tickets would be an asset
Working in a team environment you will enjoy competitive wages, excellent benefits, and opportunities for advancement. Note: We promote a safe work environment with a substance abuse testing program.