Reporting to a Foreman, a Distributor Operator is responsible for efficient operation of asphalt distributor and maintenance of acceptable level of workmanship and productivity to support the asphalt paving and base crews. This is achieved by spraying various asphalt-based tack coats before paving operations to help asphalt adhere to the road structure.
- Operate tack truck and other equipment in a safe manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Load tack truck oil from tank.
- Fill asphalt and burner tanks, clean and set spray bars, clean excess asphalt out of tanks.
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area and emulsion distribution rates.
- Before heating the oil, ensure that all valves are in the off position, the oil completely cover the heating pipes, and truck controls are set for proper circulation and ventilation.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High-School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred. •Class 3 Or Class 5 driver’s license with air endorsement.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience within the road construction industry.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience operating tack truck is required.
- Physically able to perform duties (lift 50 to 100 lbs., e.g. – physical ability assessment upon interviewing).
- Previous heavy construction industry experiences an asset.
About Volker Stevin ContractingSince 1978 Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. has been one of the premier civil contractors in the Calgary region. We are a well-established, and highly respected general contractor with a wealth of experience, and expertise in projects ranging from $10,000 to $150,000,000. We take great pride in delivering top quality projects on time, and on budget. As one of the larger local contractors, we have the personnel, resources, and equipment to ensure timely delivery of the projects to which we commit. Our resource pool offers us approximately 800 employees, from general laborers to the most highly skilled equipment operators, foremen, superintendents, and project managers, all within the City of Calgary and area.
Apply now for Distribution Truck Operator
"*" indicates required fields