Reporting to Foreman, a Derrick Digger Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the digger. The Digger operator demonstrates competence in planning work tasks, assessing the suitability of the equipment for the assigned task, positioning, setup, and operation of the equipment in a competent manner, and aspects of safety associated with the digger derrick, equipment, load, and worksite conditions.
*Want to expand you experience, want to learn how to run a Digger Derrick, will train to run a Digger Derrick and help with upgrading license to Class 1*
- Operate the Derrick Digger in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform pre-trip and hazard assessment checks on equipment and job site.
- Perform assigned work on schedule as directed by the Site Supervisor.
- Assist crews with other physical tasks as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred.
- Class 3 with air at a minimum, preference will be given to candidates with a Class 1 license with air
- Minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience within a construction industry.
- 2+ years’ experience operating Derrick Digger Trucks
- Must have an understanding of DOT regulation and load securement.
About Volker Stevin ContractingSince 1978 Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. has been one of the premier civil contractors in the Calgary region. We are a well-established, and highly respected general contractor with a wealth of experience, and expertise in projects ranging from $10,000 to $150,000,000. We take great pride in delivering top quality projects on time, and on budget. As one of the larger local contractors, we have the personnel, resources, and equipment to ensure timely delivery of the projects to which we commit. Our resource pool offers us approximately 800 employees, from general laborers to the most highly skilled equipment operators, foremen, superintendents, and project managers, all within the City of Calgary and area.
Apply now for Crane-Picker-Digger Operator – UG
"*" indicates required fields