Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. is seeking a Assistant Project Manager.
Working as part of a team, the Assistant Project Manager will provide overall support of multidiscipline Construction Projects in the Provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia. Primary responsibility will be the accurate and timely preparation of cost estimates and proposals. Extended responsibilities will include sourcing tenders and possible project opportunities, scheduling, quantity take-offs, development of construction procedures, and maintenance of production databases.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Collaboration is key! Assemble and review deliverables in collaboration with other team members.
- Collaborate with, advise, and assist team members in other groups and offices.
- Flexible hours and overtime may be required.
- Fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines.
- The position is both office and field based—it will require traveling and overnighting near a jobsite is often required in the summer months
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred. A graduate from an industry related bachelor’s degree or diploma program may be considered.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Competent at reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- Able to work independently as well as being part of a team
- Must possess strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Co-op experience is an asset
- Field experience is an asset.