Supporting the Volker Stevin Highways Ltd. and contributing to the success of Volker Stevin as a whole, through the delivery of superior customer service, reporting to the equipment Maintenance Manager, the Assistant is responsible for supporting the Aldersyde Shop and contributing to the success of the Volker Stevin Group of Companies.
- Open, sort and distribute correspondence, including faxes and emails.
- Use Office 365 software to prepare and create forms, reports, memos, letters, and other documents.
- Coordinate, participate, offer support for ad hoc projects and events based on instructions from manager.
- Provide the public with information on Volker Stevin Highways process.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required
- Minimum 1 years administrative experience or equivalent training.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship-building and communication skills.
- Experience with planning events and travel arrangements.
- Experience supporting a team of multiple individuals.
About Volker Stevin HighwaysOur story begins in 1996 with the privatization of Highway Maintenance in the Province of Alberta. We started our operations in Southern Alberta, and have maintained the roads, and bridges in the Lethbridge Contract Maintenance Areas ever since. In 2001, we assumed responsibility for the Calgary area, and further expanded our operations in 2016 with the 30-year maintenance contract of the North East section of the Anthony Henday Drive in Edmonton. In August 2019 we added all of Mountain View County and Clearwater County to our areas and currently maintain approximately 30% of the provincial road network (~ 18,500 lane km’s). Over 200 plow trucks, and more than 350 people, work all year round to provide safe roads and bridges to the travelling public in Alberta.
Apply now for Administrative Assistant
"*" indicates required fields